Low blood pressure and high pulse rate. Using nasal spray Oxmetazoline.

My blood pressure is 75 over 45, I'm 64 years old and my pulse is running from 102 to 96. Normally it is 130 over 80 with a pulse rate of around 78. I'm using a nasal spray oxmetazoline hydrochloride 0.05%
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Follow-up: Low blood pressure and high pulse rate. Using nasal spray Oxmetazoline. 16 minutes later
30 minutes later and my BP is now 69 over 45 with pulse rate of 94
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 5 hours later
Your blood pressure is still lower than normal and your pulse rate is high. There can be several causes for this. Normally if the BP (blood pressure) is low, the pulse tends to be higher. Hypotension (low BP) can be caused due to less flow of blood through the vessels. Causes include dehydration, fever, vomitting, diarrhea, etc.

I think that you need to monitor your blood pressure for the next few hours. Stay at complete rest. Hydrate yourself well. Calm yourself. Monitor your BP after an hour. If it is still less than 90/60 and your pulse is above 90,then you need to see your doctor for an ECG.

Hope this helps.