Low back pain, burning sensation in feet. Is this a sign of MS?

Question
HAVING LOW BACK PAIN ALSO BOTH LEGS HURT BURNING SENSATION IN BOTH LEGS AND FEET IS THIS A SIGN OF MS
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 19 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

I understand your concern

The symptoms that you have posted could suggest a possibility of lumbar spondylosis with pinched nerves. This is unlikely to be that of MS.

The symptoms of MS are
Visual loss
weakness of hands, legs
Imbalance
urinary problems
The symptoms of MS recurs and improves intermittently. Constant symptoms are less likely to be of MS in origin.

You can consult a local neurologist and get the MRI scan of the spine which will clarify the diagnosis.

Hope this clarifies
Please get back to me in case you have any concern

Best wishes

Follow-up: Low back pain, burning sensation in feet. Is this a sign of MS? 4 minutes later
I HAVE BEEN SUFFERING FROM THIS ON AND OFF HAD AN MRI DONE 5 YRS AGO OF LUMBER SHOWS DISC HERNIATION HAD MRI OF BRAIN NORMAL BUTMY CONCERN IS THE ON ABD OFF

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 6 minutes later

Thanks for the feed back

The good news is that your brain MRI was normal and MRI spine also dose not show changes suggestive of MS. Lumbar disc disease can have similar complaints and even the on-off. Do not worry and preoccupied with MS as none of the symptoms are suggestive of MS. Just relax.

Best wishes