Low abdominal pain from hysterectomy. Feel like pulled muscle and hurts to touch. Suggest?

Mar 2016

Low abdominal pain about 9 mos from hysterectomy. Feel like pulled muscle pain and hurts if i touch center low abdomnin.
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need to rule out Pelvic Adhesion. Do one USG scan.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us on Health Care Magic.

According to your clinical presentation, we need to rule out any type of pelvic adhesion which is developed following hysterectomy or previous pelvic surgery. They can cause feeling like pulled muscle pain. Ectopic endometriosis and pelvic infection or inflammation of local tissue may be responsible in such case.

In addition, adhesion may be associated with other pelvic organ (like intestine, urinary bladder, ovary - if preserved), anterior abdominal wall etc.

Here, you need to consult with gynecologist for overall clinical examination and proceed one ultrasound scan to rule out underlying etiology if any. Diagnostic laparoscopy and CT scan may be done in selective cases.

TREATMENT: Proper treatment depends on pinpoint diagnosis of the case. Some may need adhesiolysis if pelvic adhesion is detected on test result. Supportive medication (like painkiller, antibiotic etc) and abdominal exercise are advisable after complete assessment. Kindly, visit to your doctor for examination.

In the mean time, you must take balanced diet, drink plenty of water (3 lit/ day), keep bowel habit regular and need stress free sound sleep.

Hope, I have answered your query. If you need any clarification, you can freely ask me.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through