Low WBCs, Iron and RBC level fine, get frequent infections. Does it sound like AIDS or HIV?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
my doctor could not do surgery on me cause he said my wite blood cells kept droing realy low what can it be they said my iron not low my red blood cells god everything else good idk what it can be
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Follow-up: Low WBCs, Iron and RBC level fine, get frequent infections. Does it sound like AIDS or HIV? 9 minutes later
I get infections alot it smell a lil down below I was wonering why i keep gettng it is it poor diet and do it sound likeaids are hiv im scared i just anted to know why my white blood cells so low but my iron not what itmean please help igo t the doctor friday
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later

Decrease in WBC count with normal iron levels might happen due to a viral infection or HIV. Deficiency of minerals like zinc and copper can also be the causative factors.

Detailed investigations are needed to find out the exact cause.

Foul smelling discharge from the vagina is commonly indicative of bacterial vaginosis. A swab culture will help in diagnosis. Systemic antibiotics are the mainstay of treatment. Both you and your partner need to be treated simultaneously for complete cure.

I hope this answers your query effectively.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.