Low WBC, high creatine. Taking Vicodin, Coumadin for multiple PE, second DVT. Why my indicators are variant ?

I just had some blood tests. My WBC is 2.8 and my Creatine Kinase is 279. I have a torn rotator cuff and have been taking Vicodin ES. I am also on Coumadin for for life for multiple PE & a second DVT within 3 years. Also on Lexapro and some supplements. Are these any indicators as to why my WBC is low & my Creatine levels are high?
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Radhika 3 hours later

I have gone through your query.

Warfarin (coumadin) use does cause low WBC (white blood cell count) count and also cause a low platelet count. It can cause bleeding if the drug level gets too high, so you should be monitored for this.

Increased levels of creatine kinase is also seen in intake of blood thinners like coumadin.

Lexapro can cause elevated Creatine levels and low WBC count too.

Since you cannot avoid the medication, you can get drug dosage monitored by your Physician.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries, if any.