Low BP, fatigue, pregnant. Will it affect the fetus?

Low pressure with pregnant.
Hi i am suffering from a low pressure as the nurse told me and I upload to u the readings..i am having a medicine thru the blood and alos attached..i am in my 1st week of 9th month and i need to know:
1- my pressure is it ok by referring to teh attached readings.
2- why it is getting low and I am feeling tiered.
3- is there any affect on my childbirth.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 37 minutes later

Thanks for trusting us as your health information source.

I have seen your Blood Pressure (BP) Recordings; most of them are within normal limits. Please be relaxed as far as your blood pressure is concerned.

Please note that if pregnant ladies especially like you in the latter half of pregnancies lay flat (on their back) their blood pressure may fall. So, try to lie down in left lateral position this is good both for you & your baby & is likely to improve your symptoms.

I would like to know what method was used to check your BP; Manual or an electronic monitor was attached to you as sometimes these monitors may give low blood pressure readings in women with normal blood pressure.

I have seen your prescription it is about an intravenous drug for treating iron deficiency anemia.
Your prescription suggests that you probably have low Hemoglobin concentration.

This is probably the reason you are feeling tired. If it is treated properly by the time you go into labor it will not cause much trouble.

Just in case you go into labor with low hemoglobin concentration it is not good for you as child birth is always associated with some blood loss & a woman whose hemoglobin is low is at additional risk of losing already deficient blood. This may have serious consequences & it is very important to go into labor with normal hemoglobin.

So, stick to your doctor’s advice. Get proper treatment & try to eat healthy nutritious food.

I Hope otherwise your pregnancy is going well.

Wish you good luck & best wishes.

You may write back if you like to discuss something more.

I will be ready to answer your concerns.

Follow-up: Low BP, fatigue, pregnant. Will it affect the fetus? 19 hours later
Thnks Dr.
please can I know the following:
- if i keep taking that medicine daily is it going to affect me?

many thnks for your response.
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 3 hours later

Thanks for writing back. It is good to make everything clear before you close this discussion.

The medicine you are on is prescribed in a pre-calculated dose / duration depending upon your pre-treatment Haemoglobin level and the level of Haemoglobin your doctors are planning to achieve in your body to prepare you for the upcoming labour.

So, you cannot take it by choice or on a daily basis. In that case it is likely to harm you. Only your prescribing doctor can tell you exactly when and how to take this medicine. You are supposed to follow your doctor in this regard.

You may request your doctor to prescribe an oral iron preparation once your treatment course is over. This is likely to maintain the good effects of your treatment in the long run.

Hopefully I have addressed all your concerns. If you are satisfied with this response you may choose to close this discussion by accepting & rating my answer or you may contact me again if you have any other point to clarify. I will appreciate your review about my answer.

Wish you good health & a healthy baby.

Best Regards.