Low BP, black outs, nausea, cut in food pipe. Treatment ?

I frequently black out and get low bp.....Pls suggest what can be done.....I also puke blood now a days... And also had endoscopy done recently... It detected cut in the food pipe....... Pls suggest
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 42 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

Let me first ask you - do you drink alcohol or use illegal drugs? I ask this because these can exacerbate problems in the gastrointestinal tract.

As far as the vomiting is concerned I recommend you obtain a proton pump inhibitor medication. This can be purchased over the counter. Specifically I recommend omeprazole. You can take a 20 mg tab with breakfast and one with dinner for 7 days. After 7 days change to just taking it once a day with breakfast for 6 weeks. After this period of time you could discontinue the medication and observe for an improvement of your symptoms.

Thanks again for submitting the query. I hope you found my response to be both helpful and informative. If you have any additional followups I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga
Follow-up: Low BP, black outs, nausea, cut in food pipe. Treatment ? 4 hours later
I have never touched even one drugs. I only consume 4-5 Cigarettes in a day nothing more than that. Now even that has been stopped from past 1-5 weeks. Please suggest something strong that can help me over come this problem. Also cannot consume any medicines that make me feel sleepy as work for BPO which involves night shifts. You can also call me on my number directly for the same on my mobile number +0000...

Thanks & Regards,
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 13 hours later
Hello again,

I think at this point there is no medication which is recommended to purely raise the blood pressure. If you are otherwise adequately hydrated you should see your doctor for an examination and consultation. A more detailed workup is necessary at this time including checking for adrenal gland and thyroid gland as well as kidney functions.

Thanks again for the query and followup. I am available if you have any additional concerns.

Dr. Galamaga.