Low AMH test results. Can I take dhea tablet? Is there any chances of getting pregnant?

Question
Hi,I had AMH test done and is slightly low.Does that mean I cannot Pregnant or naturally getting pregnant.I want to take DHEA tablets and currently taking cQ10.I have already IVF failed and 4 IUI failed.Iam going for IVF in next month.What can i improve chnaces to get pregnant.Help me.
Posted Wed, 23 Jan 2013 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
AMH test is done to measure the amount of growing follicles in the ovaries. Women with low levels of AMH indicate low levels of follicles and produce lower number of eggs. If the FSH levels are normal and other hormones are within a normal range then there is no need to worry. It does not indicate a premature ovarian failure.
You can take DHEA tablets to improve your chances of conception but these need to be taken after consulting your infertility specialist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Low AMH test results. Can I take dhea tablet? Is there any chances of getting pregnant? 21 hours later

My AMH is 5.7 and ANti Follicle Count - 9.

I have Hypothriod and currently taking 50mg.

Iam taking CQ10,fish oil,folic Acid.I want to know if I can DHEA dor thyriod and if how much mg per day and how long.
Is it possible that I can get pregnant naturallly by these level and will these levels effect my furture IVF success.

Thanks,

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
DHEA can improve your chances of fertility if taken in a dose of 50mg thrice daily for 6 weeks. But this should be taken only after consulting your infertility specialist.
Getting pregnant naturally is less likely but not impossible. It is best to go for IVF to improve your chances of conception without wasting time.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.