Loud snoring, tried nasal decongestant. Can I get medical help?

I've very loud snoring. I fall asleep almost immediately i lie down on the bed. I'll sleep with my nose for a few mins but soon i'm forced to open my mouth and breath and the snoring sound is very loud and continous.
I'm 5' 11" ; Weight : 90 kgs ;
Joined gym from last few months and work out around 3 times a week.
Pls let me know if i can get any medical help to reduce my snoring. I've tried various options like nasla decongesant etc:- it doesnt work.
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

Snoring can be due to various reasons and every patient might have different ENT issues precipitating it.Causes can be airway obstruction,anatomical variations,poor muscle tone in throat region or palate issues etc .Habitual snorers can be at risk for serious health problems.

Nasal decongestant are not likely to help in this case.

Ideal approach would be to see ENT specialist for this and getting few investigations done to determine underlying cause.Depending upon cause treatment can be planned.

Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.