Lost weight after surgery on hip, protruding hip, difficulty in walking. How long will it take to heal?

I weighed 92 lbs. when I came home from the hosp. after the accident. I started to notice small changes a few months ago. Surgery was done May 3, 2012, accident happened Nov. 30, 2011. I would go to the DR. and he said my hip was fine. The next day, I would have problems buttoning my pants as my hip would protrude so much. I am able allot of the time to put a small bottle on my hip. I tell the DR. my hip hurts and he tells me that is my back hurting.
I am trying to XXXXXXX the lady who caused the accident, but my lawyer says that the other party says that I had previous health problems. I only weigh about 100 lbs. at the moment. I have trouble keeping weight on. I was on a TPN for almost 9 wks. and my recovery was so slow. I am a hyper type person, but the surgery took everything from me. How much more time will it take for me to heal? I can only stand for a short period of time. Walking for a long distance or shopping in a mall wears me out. I have so many broken blood vessels and veins in my right leg that I didn't have before. My body is so scarred. I wanted to die from the pain and how I now look. I am ok with most of it now.
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 37 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

If after the accident, a significant part of the bowel was resected out and you needed a long course of TPN, malnutrition is bound to occur.
If the bowel is still short, there may be many nutritional disturbances (from short bowel syndrome) and cause the fatigue, loss of energy you feel now.
Please clarify what was the nature of surgery and if bowel was resected.
Did you have a fractured spine?
Was there any hip dislocation?
I did not understand the sentence:” I would have problems buttoning my pants as my hip would protrude so much. I am able allot of the time to put a small bottle on my hip.”
Could you please rephrase it?
The protruding hip may be due to recurrent dislocation, ligament laxity from trauma or a spinal injury.
I think a Xray spine and both hips would answer some of your problems.
Was it an orthopaedician who examined you?
It would greatly help if you could upload any records, reports here using the uploading service available on this site just below the text box. You can email the reports / scans to
with subject- (Attn: Dr. Prasad Akole)

I can be more specific then. Recovery time may be predicted only on exhaustive review of your status.

I would be glad to answer any further queries.
Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck! Thank you!!