Lost the top layer of skin on penis head. No improvement after using cream. Any solution?

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
I have a small area on my penis head that has lost the top layer of skin.it hasn't healed in over a year. It always appears to be very dry. I have started putting lots of creams on but Incan see the outline of the roundish area where a layer of skin will not grow back
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 3 hours later
In your case I can think of three possibilities
Fungal infection
Zoon's balanitis
Penile psoriasis.
Fungal infection presents as red itchy fissured lesion with whitish slough over it
Zoon's balanitis is characterised by red itchy shiny rash with cayenne pepper appearance
Psoriasis presents as red I scaly rash
I would be in a better position to assist you sir, if you could upload an image of the concerned area.
Hoping to hear from you soon

Follow-up: Lost the top layer of skin on penis head. No improvement after using cream. Any solution? 1 hour later
Good morning
it is not itchy and i do not think it is a rash.How do i upload a photo. where do i email it to?

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 6 hours later
Hi Sir,
You may upload the image by clicking on upload report/ image icon. If having difficulty you may send the images to YYYY@YYYY and mention Dr kalpana Pathak in subject line.

Thanks and regards

Follow-up: Lost the top layer of skin on penis head. No improvement after using cream. Any solution? 3 hours later
Image uploaded.

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 17 hours later
Thank you sir for uploading the image and how the differentials change after having a look at the images attached !
The lesion on your glans is a slight red annular or ring shaped lesion. The two probabilities could be
Annular Lichen Planus of glans penis
Granuloma annulare( granuloma annulare is not common on glans but can be rarely seen)

The treatment in both these cases is application of topical steroid cream like hydrocortisone or fluticasone. Another option could be application of tacrolimus ointment.

I would suggest that you XXXXXXX a dermatologist nearby to get the lesions examined and begin with the treatment prescribed

Hope that helped.