Lost license after DVLA medical test showed raised blood levels. How can I get my license back?

Jan 2013

Hello I have recently had a dvla medical, after losing my licence for drink driving, apparently my blood levels were slightly raised and they have written to my gp. I have never seen my gp for any alcohol related reasons, but am concerned what this means for me getting my licence back and also for my health and what they will ask my gp. can you advise on this please?
Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 42 minutes later

Kindly mention your all blood reports in detail.

Heavy alcohol intake generally affect liver and cause deranements of liver function test.

Heavy alcohol intake may cause rise in SGOT (AST) & SGPT (ALT) and generally in range of 400-500IU/L.

You should consult with your GP and get your ultrasound imaging study of liver.

If alcohol affects your liver and causing "fatty liver" & "Alcoholic hepatitis" then there is high chances of reversion.

For getting your license again, you should stop taking alcohol and take liver protective medicine on written prescription by your GP.

Put your query if you have.

Best regards,

Dr.Mayank Bhargava