Lost fallopian tube. Taking a treatment for IVF. Should I go for the endometrial tb pcr test?

Infertility Specialist
Question
Sir,
We are taking a treatment for IVF, reason is that my wife lost is both follipin tube during preganancy one by one , so Dr for IVF and suggest to asked for the andometrail TB PCR test before IVF, other test have been normal,Is this test is necessary and what cost for this test. and second thing i have to asked that for IVF what should be approx cost, pls reply.

XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 18 Feb 2013 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 16 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) TB PCR for endometrial biopsy is not advisable to everyone. It is done only when tuberculosis is suspected. Since your wife has already been pregnant the test may not be necessary unless they were ectopic pregnancy.

2) The cost of TBPCR should be around Rs.2000 for the endometrial biopsy and about Rs.3000 for PCR.

3) Cost of IVF treatment for one cycle is between 75,000 to 1 lakh including drugs.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup query you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol'
IVF & Infertility Specialist

Follow-up: Lost fallopian tube. Taking a treatment for IVF. Should I go for the endometrial tb pcr test? 26 minutes later
Sir,

She got a twice ectopic pregnancy, during Ist pregnancy it is small town so dr cant daignosis properly, so it cause rapture of tube, then after recovery we go for leproscopy for remaining tube which get clear and clean . than we plan for pregnancy again the pregnancy remain in tube and Dr suggest the one injection to remove it from tube while not going for surgery, we test the count after 2 day each after 10 days its come normal pathology test. se we gone to our native but severe pain happend in stomach and it detected once again rapture of second tube . so during second operation hitopathology report has been nagtive . so pls suggest the appropriate reply what to do...

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 minutes later

I know you are in confusion. Let me clear this for you.

1) The ectopic pregnancy on 2 occasions has made your doctor to get suspicion of tuberculosis and advised TBPCR. I think you go ahead with the test and see if there is TB of endometrium.

2) Since both tubes have been removed going for IVF is only option left. Please get IVF done from good centre with good success rates.

Let me know if you have any queries. Please accept my answer if no more queries.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist

Follow-up: Lost fallopian tube. Taking a treatment for IVF. Should I go for the endometrial tb pcr test? 20 hours later
Dear Sir,

I am quite happy that i had no confusion in my mind, but sir the centre is charging for the andometrail TB PCR complete is Rs. 0000, It is fare enough or i have to search another centre for test. little bit confused related to charges .

Please reply .

regards
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 11 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

I am happy you have no confusion now.

Rs. 27,000 is expensive considering only TBPCR. At the maximum it should cost 8,000 and not more.

Just confirm if they are doing hysteroscopy along with TBPCR for 27,000. If they are performing hysteroscopy also then you can consider paying 27,000.

I hope I clarified your doubt. Please accept my answer and write review if no more queries.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist