Ask a Urologist   »  

Lost control of bladder at night. What can be done?

I lose control of bladder at night. That is the only time.
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to excessive water intake .

Detailed Answer:

Dear Sir ,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well what I could interpret from your complaints is that you lost control of your bladder in night but that happens only at night time not in the day time .
It can be urinary incontinence and your excessive water intake can be the cause for that . Although many causes can be there but in your case this remains the prime .

I would advise you to limit your water intake for some time and see if it relieves your problem . Diabetes , Benign hypertrophy of prostate needs to be ruled out . If the symptoms dont improve I would like you to consult a urologist .

Dr. Shruti