Lost balance from orthostatic tachycardia and hit forehead and nose. Feeling foggy and have sinusitis. Concussion?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
On Thursday I was walking and lost balance from my orthostatic tachycardia and hit my forehead and nose on a glass window in my bedroom. The glass is quite thin and not that strong, but it didn't break or anything. I've been feeling rather 'foggy' and not myself but I seem to have mild sinusitis as well. Would I have a concussion from the window?
Posted Sun, 7 Jul 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Thank you for posting your query.

Based on the symptoms, it seems to be due to concussion. Hitting forehead on to the window may result in concussion.
However, since the injury is minor, I would expect the symptoms to resolve faster, and you would soon improve.

I hope it helps.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/

Follow-up: Lost balance from orthostatic tachycardia and hit forehead and nose. Feeling foggy and have sinusitis. Concussion? 28 minutes later
Concussion is the only thing that gives me anxiety, so I was hoping it was not a concussion since I didn't hit my head very hard and it was against weak glass.

I get recurrent sinusitis which gives me the same symptoms.

Is it common for these minor injuries to cause concussions?

Thank you for getting back.

I mean, if this is concussion, it is a minor one and would go away soon.
Sinusitis could cause similar symptoms, but are usually accompanied with headache & facial pain, blocked nose, fever, cold, etc.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)