Lost appetite and lethargic. Feeling bloated. What to do?

hi, my discomfort is fairly minor but I have lost some appetite and am quite lethargic. Been going on a few days. Feel a little bloated and am gassy
Posted Thu, 4 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 2 hours later

Your symptoms are loss of appetite, lethargy, indigestion and gas.
Looking clinically with the symptoms it might be due to Gastritis (Inflammation of the gastric mucosa).

It might have been caused by food habits (Spicy fried foods), excess coffee or tea.
Drugs(Pain killers) and infection(H.Pylori).

A baseline Ultrasound of the abdomen and endoscopy of the upper gastrointestinal tract is needed to diagnose this condition and look out for any other cause.

In this situation I will advise my patients to go for foods that can be easily digested and take frequent small meal to neutralize the gastric acids.
Proton Pump inhibitor group of drugs can be used.

Hope the answer helps you.
Pleased to answer other queries.