Loss of taste on left side with recurrent left ear and eye infection. Memory started getting worse. Worrisome

Neurologist, Surgical
I have lost my smell and taste in left side only, also continually get an infected left eye and problems with left ear. I also get a hot feeling inside my head above the ear. My memory is getting worse and I am struggling to remember what I was saying and even names.
Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 49 minutes later
Dear Friend,

Loss of taste on left side with recurrent left ear infection are related and are generally due to middle ear infections. Also if you are getting recurrent left eye infections and left sided head aches I think you need to get your diabetic status evaluated and also get CT Scan head and Paranasal sinuses done.

Fading memory could be due to stress or can be attributed to brain pathologies. We will be able to have a better picture after getting the CT head report.

Dr Vineet Saggar