Loss of sexual desire, unable to maintain erection. Can you give me any advice?

I could use a little helpHelp me please! I'm a 21 year old guy, and lately it seems like I'm not "in the mood" ever.. And my boyfriend thinks I'm neglecting him. So when I finally am able to perform, I kinda have trouble staying hard. Its really frustrating.. Can you give me any advice? Thanks in advance.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 1 hour later

From your query I understand you are 21 year old male and you are unable to maintain erection with your male partner.

Do you have a normal erection while masturbating?

Erectile dysfunction in your age group is mostly due to psychological reason. It could be performance anxiety, relationship problems, stress, etc.

If you are able to maintain erection during masturbation, then your problem is psychological.

If you are not able to maintain adequate erection even during masturbation, it is better to evaluate your hormone status, vascular and neurological status of the penis.

Hope I answered your query well. I am still available for follow up

Consultant in Reproductive & Sexual Medicine