Ask a Urologist   »  

Loss of erection overnight, blood flowing only to one side, erection turned forty-five degrees, no trauma suffered

i'm 65 yrs old and my penis has always bent relatively straight--whether erect or not. just recently(past couple of months), when erect it's turned about 45 degrees, and the erection is only about half as much as previously. it's almost like blood is only flowing to harden one side.

seemed to happen literally overnight. one day--normal. the next day, as described above. yet no trauma or injury occurred.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandan Choudhary 25 hours later

Thanks for writing to me.

I have gone through your query.

I will try to work on the questions that you have today but I would like to know few more things as this would help me in suggesting you better.

please let me know whether you are satisfied with your sexual life or not?

Also send me the generic/salt names of the medicines you are taking.

Usually bend in penis is because of trauma or a congenital problem.

Please get these tests done and revert back to me.

(1) serum testesterone -total and free.

(2) Penile doppler study

(3) lipid profile

(4) thyroid function test

(5) liver function test

Awaiting your response.

Follow-up: Loss of erection overnight, blood flowing only to one side, erection turned forty-five degrees, no trauma suffered 8 hours later
i am very disappointed in this non-answer, dr choudhary.

re your questions--

1--my current medications are exactly as i've stated and i don't know any "generic/salt" names for them. repeating they are: 75 mg plavix, 5 mg
crestor, and 81 mg aspirin--all once per day

2--have always PREVIOUSLY been satisfied with my sexual life, but the SUDDENLY bent(and half size) of current erections are less satisfying. it seems as if perhaps the blood flow which creates an erection, may be blocked on ONE side--hence half-erection and 45 degree bend.

3--to tell me to get FIVE tests and get back to you is not much of an answer. i'm looking for more insight into the likely likely problem and suggested solution.

i'm hoping for a much more thorough answer, PLEASE!!

XXXXXXX XXXXXXX i am very disappointed in this non-answer.

Answered by Dr. Chandan Choudhary 21 hours later

I am Dr. Shanthi (Moderator) from XXXXXXX

I apologize for not being able to convince you with explanation during the last reply.

I am taking second opinion from another urologist regarding the same query.

You will get the suggestions from this urologist soon. You can view it on your dashboard as a separate query. Kindly be patient with us. We shall get back to you as early as possible.

I thank you again for your patience.

Dr. Shanthi