Loss of energy, diarrhea, purple ring around anus, symptoms similar to mollscum contagiosum. Having UTI. AIDS?

Ok so I know I am gonna be told to get tested....but either way I have to ask. I am 21...have uti which i have not yet gotten rid of...on top of that i just found a purple ring around my anus....i have something with similar symptoms to molluscum contagionsum=since 16 have had very small bumps with a waxy white cartilage type material in them...but they have spred to genital area recently here and there....I am frequently without energy and have diarhhea frequently......what is the probability that I have aids????
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 4 hours later

Based on your symptoms, there is a possibility that these small bumps are due to Fordyce spots rather than molluscum contagiosum. Fordyce spots are a natural occurrence on the penis. Molluscum contgiosum presents as small, dome-shaped papules, often with a central depression or plug and are contagious. The other possibility is that these bumps are genital warts.

Although the exact incidence of molluscum in HIV-infected persons remains unknown, studies have estimated that 5 to 18% of untreated HIV-infected patients develop molluscum lesions at some point in their clinical course. So if there is a history of any unprotected intercourse or sharing infected needles, then the chances of being HIV positive do exist.

There is an increased possibility of HIV positive people showing molluscum bumps or genital warts but the appearance of these does not necessarily mean that you are HIV positive.

HIV testing is a confidential procedure which is done on a sample of blood. The blood is first tested for substances in the blood called antibodies by a method called Enzyme linked Immunosorbent assay (ELISA). These tests take anywhere between 6 weeks-3 months (after exposure to an HIV infected source) to become positive. In some cases, it may take upto 6 months as the antibodies take time to develop. If this test is positive, then a Western blot test is done to look for specific proteins of HIV. So confirmation is only done by specific tests for HIV like western blot, PCR and by a second ELISA.
Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries, then please do not hesitate in writing to us.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.