Loss of appetite, warm sensations in the chest and fatigue after hysterectomy. History of hemorrhoid

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Had hysterectomy three weeks ago-symtoms extreme fatigue, no appetite and warm sensations in chest area- only one ovary removed also have hemmroid?
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 37 minutes later
The extreme fatigue, decreased appetite and warm sensations in the chest after a major surgery three weeks ago could be due to a generalized viral infection, depression, anaemia, Vitamin D 3 deficiency, electrolyte imbalance, hypothyroidism, etc.
All these possibilities need to be ruled out after a proper physical examination and related blood tests.
Till the time you get evaluated for these possibilities, there are some of the other lifestyle options which you can follow:
1) You can take a mild pain killer like paracetamol or ibuprofen for symptomatic relief. Taking a well balanced will be helpful.

2) Do not take caffeine or alcohol at night just before going to bed.

3) Indulge in yoga and meditation to calm your mind.

4) You can also indulge in progressive muscle relaxation which is useful in anxiety by alternately tensing and relaxing the muscles.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.