Loss of appetite, no energy, constant burping, nausea. What can I do?

For two days I feel without appetite, without energy, burping constantly with nauseas. What can I do
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Radhika 2 hours later

You are experiencing no appetite with burping and nausea most probably due to gas formation.

None of the medications you are taking, cause acidity or heart burn. You may not be eating food properly which has in turn caused gastric problems and build up of acidity which is causing even more heart burn and nausea. This will give you a bloating feeling and prevent you to eat food.

Take antacids like Tums 500 mg 20 minutes before food for 5 days. This will prevent gastric problems and help you to eat. Also avoid coffee, tea, acidic and fatty food. Avoid smoking and alcohol if you do.

Drink cold milk this will give you immediate relief. After food, you can have fruit juices; this will increase your energy.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries.

Wish you good health and speedy recovery.