Loss of appetite, digestion disorders. Having one kidney and TURP done. Taking Lanspro. Can I use Polybion for appetite?

Does Polybion Syrup has side effects ?. I want to use it for loss of apetite . I am 73 yrs Old Male. and height is 5 ft 4 inches. I am on one Kidney and had got TURP done 3 rs back. At present No infection exists.But due to digestion disorders I take Lanspro once day. Some times it helps and some times it doesnt. I do not prefer tablets. My main issue at present relates to digestive issue and loss of apetite. Like I am forced to take my lunch at 4 PM and dinner around 1 AM and some times forced to skip also. Will Polybion syrup solve the apetite issue ? Does it have any side reactions?
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 32 minutes later

Thanks for the query

Polybion syrup contains multi vitamins. It doesn't directly help you to improve your appetite but it helps to build your body by replenishing your vitamins and some of your essentials amino acids making you feel stronger and better.

You could also drink warm XXXXXXX tea with 2 tea spoon honey and lime, it will certaiy help improve your appetite.

To improve your appetite please follow these advises
1. I see that you eat at odd hours. Please follow a regular diet plan. I recommend you to eat small meals 6 times a day. For example

7 am tea with XXXXXXX biscuit
8 30 am breakfast
11 am fruit serving
1 pm lunch
4 pm tea with biscuits
7 pm dinner

By following this refularly you will prune your system to feel hungry at the same time everyday.
Eating lunch at 4 pm and dinner at 1 am should be avoided

2. Exercise regularly. Cardio exercises like swimming, walking, cycling at least for 30 min a day for 5 times a week. This will increase your demand for energy thus making you hungry

3. Do not sleep immediately after dinner, stay awake for min 2 hours. Sleeping immediately will hamper movements of your intestines called peristalsis

4. Add white meat, raw vegetables to your diet to improve appetite

5. Avoid spicy food

These are some of the tips you should follow and it will certainly help you.
If the problem still persists then I highly recommend you see a gastroenterologist for a physical examination and endoscopy

I hope I have answered to your query, kindly accept my answer if you have no further queries

I wish you good health