Loss of appetite, burping and nausea. Abdominal ultrasound normal. What am I suffering from?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
25 yr old female patient with loss of appetite ,burping, feeling of fullness after food and nausea (only in the morning -not pregnant) for last three months .Bowel habits normal ) Ultrasound abdomen done _normal.upper GI endoscopy done -normal.Stool Routine & occult Blood Normal. Blood haemogram , blood sugar, Thyroid function tests normal. H pylori not detected. CRp normal. put on Razo D, and Sibofix.Nausea more today with loss of appetite.p lease advise
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 20 minutes later

This really sounds like typical stomach disorder such as gastritis, GERD and hiatal hernia. Even if gastroscopy didnt show anything it can be caused by high acid in stomach which didnt cause any mucosal damage. Sometimes small hiatus hernias wouldnt be seen also so barium swallow test can be preformed to rule this out.

Maybe other Acid Reducers such as antacids and ranitidinum can be halpful,ask your doctor about it. Ultrasound can see only organ enlargements, and isnt very good for digestion disorder. If there is a doubt about some organic intraadbominal cause then CT scan should be done. Have you ever tried changing your dietary habits? Taking easier food and avoiding alcohol, coffee and fast food is helpful for many people. Also must not sit 2 hours after meal, and try to lay with your upper body elevated.
Loss of appetite is unspecific symptom,but you should do these tests I ve mentioned step by step. First need to find some of these benign disorder and if symptoms persist then more serious diseases can be considered but I doubt it because you re too young for any of it.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help
Follow-up: Loss of appetite, burping and nausea. Abdominal ultrasound normal. What am I suffering from? 5 minutes later
does razo d aggravate these symptoms
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 15 minutes later
No. It can only help, because this is antiacid drug, but there are some other drugs I ve mentioned which can be helpful,and you can try which one makes your symptoms easier. Also you can combine 2 or 3 of them. But i wouldnt prescribe Razo D, this is more for diarrhea and it has side effect such as nausea and stomach upset...
Follow-up: Loss of appetite, burping and nausea. Abdominal ultrasound normal. What am I suffering from? 10 minutes later
What about Sibofix. Can I continue that? And for how long?
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 8 minutes later apologies. i meant sibofix in last sentence. sibofix is used for diarrhea and has gastric side should continue taking razo d and stop sibofix.thats my reccomendation.after that see is there any improvement.