Loss of appetite after gall bladder removal. Will this problem go away?

My husband had his gallblladder removed on XXXXXXX 14, 2012. He had to have the long surgery. He is doing fine except that he lost his appetite for some time, but now when he does eat, he says he just doesn't feel good after eating. I asked him if he was nauseous and he said no - he just couldn't explain it more but just said I just don't feel good. The thought of eating doesn't even appeal to me because of the way I feel after I eat. I realize it has only been a month since his surgery but wonder if this problem will go away.
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 39 minutes later

Thanks for the query

Gall bladder is a small sac which stores bile, bile usually gets secreted from the gall bladder into the intestine whenever food is consumed. But if the gall bladder is surgically removed the bile directly secretes into the intestine without a stop over.
Loss of appetite after the gall bladder surgery is normal and requires time to recover.

I advice him to avoid a diet XXXXXXX in fat and eggs for a while. Carbohydrate XXXXXXX diet is ideal. Appetite will certainly improve. At our hospital we advice the patient to take 4-6 small meals per day and it has helped.

I hope I have answered your query, please accept my answer if there are no further ones

I wish him a speedy recovery