Losing weight, feeling lightheaded while taking deep breath. Medical test done. What are the findings?

For the past 4 months i have been lightheaded all day, cant take a XXXXXXX breath, back hurts when taking a XXXXXXX breath, losing weight, cant think straight, body hurts off and on. No one can figure out what is going on. It is ruining my life. I am constantly lightheaded and cannot get a XXXXXXX breath. My upper back hurts when i breath XXXXXXX and i get even dizzier when breathing XXXXXXX I have had bloodwork, which is normal, mri of head normal, cat scan of head and lungs, normal and holter monitor nothing significant showed up. I do have an abnormal ekg due to a rbbb, but cardio says that i was born with that and he doesn't think that it is causing my symptoms. This started in October 2012 and is still ongoing. How can this be resolved and what do you think it is? Cancer or a rare disease? I'm not sure what to think at this point. Dr's don't know what is going on, so they just blame it to be anxiety, but i am not stressed or anxious at all and anxiety meds made everything worse. Please tell me what you think this really is. I have spent so much money on Dr's and i cannot believe i am asking a Dr online, but not sure what else do do.
Posted Fri, 22 Feb 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 2 hours later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
I can understand your concern.
I deeply empathize.
Light-headedness while taking a XXXXXXX breath may be due to reduced flow of blood to the heart during XXXXXXX inspiration.
Do you feel pain in the chest when you exert yourself or during exercise?
Does this light-headedness increase during sleep?
Do you feel dizzy when you suddenly stand up or change posture?
Is there any stiffness of neck or neck pain?
I think you should have your blood pressure checked, an echocardiography should be done.
Take a mild sedative at night if you are stressed out.
Take some rest for few days.Take lots of fluids.
You can try Yoga and controlled breathing exercises.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.Have a nice day.
Follow-up: Losing weight, feeling lightheaded while taking deep breath. Medical test done. What are the findings? 7 minutes later
I do not have chest pain. I had an echo done in November and it was normal. My blood pressure is always normal at the doctor's office. I do get dizzy when suddenly standing at times, but I have always done that. I am constantly spaced out, lightheaded and struggle to get a XXXXXXX breath. I am not lightheaded when sleeping.Please let me know what you believe is going on. I just want to wake up and feel normal again!
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 5 minutes later
Please consult your cardiologist and ask him to check for orthostatic hypotension.
If there is a persistent problem in XXXXXXX breathing kindly get a pulmonary function test done.
It is a difficult situation to assess your condition without physically examining you. I really hope you do not have a major problem.
I am sure you will get well soon.
Follow-up: Losing weight, feeling lightheaded while taking deep breath. Medical test done. What are the findings? 24 minutes later
My pft was normal. My cardio doesn't seem to be concerned about my heart.
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 3 minutes later
Unfortunately all your tests are normal.
The only other option would be to consult a psychologist or a person practising alternative medicine.
As the tests are normal I don't think there is much concern to worry.
Kindly consult your physician who can examine and advice you better.
Get well soon.