Losing weight. Started feeling fatigue and weak. Endoscopy normal. Should I contact gastroenterologist?

Gastroenterologist
Question
doctor,i am loosing my weight drastically due to fat malabsorbtion for the last three months.i have gone through all the neccesary test like sudan stain for fatty acid is present...i am feeling extreme fatigue and weakness..there are abdominal sounds one hour after eating but the remarkable thing is that my other biochemical test such as CBC ,WHOLE ABDOMEN ULTRASONOGAPHY and endoscopy report are normal.remarkable thing is that haemoglobin is not going down.please tell me what should i do to prevent fat release in stool.is it serious problem or general problem.should i contact gastroenterologist?
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 34 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

As per your post, you are having fat malabsorption/maldigestion. Get tests done to rule out chronic pancreatitis.
Discuss with your gastroenterologist about taking enzyme supplements like Creon which is very much beneficial if your symptoms are due to pancreatic disease.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Losing weight. Started feeling fatigue and weak. Endoscopy normal. Should I contact gastroenterologist? 46 minutes later
thanks for ur reply.wat type of tests can be done to rule out chronic pancreatitis?

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
A CT scan of the abdomen may be done.

I hope that answers your question.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Losing weight. Started feeling fatigue and weak. Endoscopy normal. Should I contact gastroenterologist? 10 hours later
is there any role of bile salt in fat malabsorbtion??

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 12 hours later
Yes, bile salts are essential for digestion of fat.
In cholestasis where the flow of bile is interrupted, digestion of fat is affected.
But it is usually is a associated with other symptoms like jaundice.

I hope that answers your question.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini