Losing memory and concentration. What should I do?

Dec 2015

In the last one year, I am not feeling very active physically as well as mentally. Particulary, my mental activeness has come down and I feel too low sometimes. Until last year, I was always a winner and successfull person. People quote my name for an example, be it smartness, talent, activeness, the way I handle the situation and so on. The past one year has been very disturbing and Im not very confident about myself. What I observe in myself is, I am losing memory power and concentration is not like before. Even my communication is not as fluent and clear as before. I dont know what is wrong with me and I need to address this before things gets worsen. I dont know whom should I approach. Please help. Do you think, Is it anything to do with Vitamin B12 or anything else ?
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. K. V. Anand 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Dear. Welcome to Health care magic. We understand your concerns I went deeply through your description. I suggest you not to worry too much. You are just 30 and hopefully you are in a good health condition, I presume. As per you you were very much active, smart, talented and a leader in all respect. But What happened now? The traits you mentioned above are traits. They are inborn. They live with your genes. They are your aptitudes, basics. You cannot loose them. You cannot throw them away in your life journey. Nobody or no circumstances can steal these traits from you. Then how come you don't possess them now? Everyone has to go through difficult situations in life. Sometimes so happens that these difficult situations make the person desperate for some time. This desperation depends on the difficulty. (For example, death of a family member - around 3 months, loosing a loved job - 2 months etc). It might take some to come out of the situation. The situation may sometimes also change the behavior of the person. He become more matured. I think, you are in such a situation. You have become more mature. You see things logically. You are more creative. You are more experienced. More wise. Means you do task more slowly but more effectively. And that takes time. Others see you slow, but they fail to see you are more efficient. Others see you less active, but fail to see you are taking decisions much better. From the description you gave, The thoughts about your being inactive etc, has made you, actually inactive. Your negative thoughts made you inactive. Inactivity and resulting laziness takes its toll and has started showing in on your life style and mental health. That is it. Hope you understand. Therefore, don't worry. Your all those traits are with you. Just eclipsed. You need to remove the eclipse by positive thinking and within a week all will come forth. Being wise and logical is a blessing. Don't revert from it. SAY "I AM SMARTER, STRONGER, ACTIVE AND WISE THAN BEFORE. I LOVE WHAT I AM NOW. I AM PROUD OF MYSELF" whenever you can. May be a 1000 times a day. Good Luck. You can always come back for further clarifications. I think telephone counseling should do more good. You can book a telephone counseling session with me. For that contact XXXXXXX customer care team. Dr. K V Anand MSc, MD, PhD Psychologist, Psychotherapist
Follow-up: Losing memory and concentration. What should I do? 20 hours later
Your reply really energizes me. Let me take a week's time to introspect and to be positive. If needed, I will fix up a counselling session with you. Thanks once again. Thanks XXXXX
Answered by Dr. K. V. Anand 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: You should taste success. Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX I am really happy to hear from you. Do the positive thinking exercise without fail. Also try to work or get engaged in hobbies or refreshing activities more and more. Result is sure. Do contact me for counseling. Good luck. Dr. Anand