Losing erection during intercourse and noticed lump in scrotum. What could it be?

Infertility Specialist
During intercourse two days ago, I suddenly lost my erection. However there was no other pain. After few hours I observed a lump in my scrotum. I treated it with ice pack but there was only mild reduction in lump. There was observable pain but since then I have been observing lack of erections. My nocturnal erections are there and I also have erections in morning but erections in response to sexual stimulus is absent. At times there is mild aching pain in the scrotum as well.
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sexual Trauma Detailed Answer: Hi, In pictures there is no any major lump seen that needs to be worried about. It seems to be a minor trauma that happens during intercourse which you may not have noticed. It comes down slowly in 3 to 4 days. Since you have normal erections at night and in morning there is nothing to worry about erection as its not affected. You will be fine soon. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: Losing erection during intercourse and noticed lump in scrotum. What could it be? 16 hours later
1. In the previous picture, the lump was not very clear so I have added another pic where I have marked the exact location of my lump. Its not very big but its noticeable please refer to Picture 3. 2. I have been having weak erections. Even when they are strong they are very short-lived. Its been 4 days now. Sometimes erection is accompanied by a mild pain. 3. How much time can I wait for before consulting a urologist. I am in mid of my examinations, do you feel that a delay of 20 days may cause an irreparable damage?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Exam Tension Detailed Answer: Hi, The swelling seems to be a small blood or watery collection in scrotum due to minor injury. It resolves slowly by itself. There is no need to worry. The weak erections could be due to stress of examinations and not related to this event. I suggest you concentrate on examinations and forget about this problem. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol