Loratadine,medical check up.Effects?

can i take lotadine the night before a medical check up. the check up is at 8.30 am tomorrow and the time is currently 10pm.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Tulasi Raman.P 15 minutes later

Thanks for posting the query.

I hope your query is about the medicine Loratadine, an antihistamic taken at night for allergies, cold and sleeping disorder.

If you are going for a routine general medical Checkup without any previous history of renal disease or Diabetes or Hypertension or any chronic disease you can take the pill without any complications or fear.

If you have any of the chronic disease then it is best avoided as it may interfere with urine and blood reports.

If it is desloratadine better avoid it as it as longer time of action than loratadine.

I hope that answers your Query.

Feel free to ask any Query or doubt you have I will be available to answer your query.