Loosing lips colour, burning, dry, cracking. How can this be resolved?

my lips have been loosing their color and the edges are as defined anymore. They seem to burn like i've got a sun or wind burn. Then peel horribly. They feel super dry all the time and i can feel them cracking and sometimes seem to excrete this clear almost sticky fluid I've never had this problem before and now i'm going on 6 days like this and it seems to only be getting worse.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later

Based on your description of the problem you have I consider the condition of your lips could be due to allergy or reaction to any chemicals or medications.

The discharge you getting on the lips is a inflammatory fluid .Keep your lips moist by applying petroleum jelly lip balms when you going out.

I would suggest you to take Tab Benadryl 25 mg once in night for 5 days and do apply Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment to the lip in the night times for a week.Both above medications will surely help you to get rid of the problem.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.