Loosing hear frequently. Advised using Nizral and taking H-Vit Forte Biotin. Recommendation?

Loosing hear frequently (50 strands a day). As advised by a doctor using Nizral 2% while shower 3 times a week and also taking H-Vit Forte Biotin tablet a day.

. should I use Nizral 2% after washing my hair with a mild shampoo to first clean the scalp and then again wash with Nizral 2%.
. Should I also use any Minoxidil product (Rogaine). If so then how to use along with Nizral 2%. (How many times a week and what is the procedure)
. any other remedy to stop hair loss and re-generate new hair?
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Read instructions on Nizral and act accordingly.

Detailed Answer:

Below are answers to your individual questions.

1. Nizral can be used as an alternative to regular shampoo. You can apply the shampoo directly to the scalp without using regular shampoo.

2. Minoxidil use needs to be governed by your local doctor. To my patients, I suggest them to apply the solution to specific areas overnight.

3. Sleep well and follow healthy diet apart from Biotin forte regularly. Root vegetables are beneficial in this case.

4. If symptoms do not improve in the next 2-3 months, visit a dermatologist for further testing. You will need couple of test that includes thyroid hormone check to plan the next steps of action.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.