Loosing hair a lot. Suggest tips to prevent hair loss?

Hi, Now a days i am lossing my hair alot. Can you suggest me few tips to prevent from hair loss.
Posted Wed, 4 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Kappan 6 hours later

Thanks for asking at XXXXXXX

Hair loss can be due to changes inside your body or outside the body. Within the body if there is any hormonal imbalances, this can be seen. This is particularly found in Thyroid hormone disturbances. It can also be seen in ladies with poly cystic ovaries. So, it is important to get a check up done to rule out if any of these are the causes.

External causes such as highly chlorinated water, excessive heat, inadequate oiling of the scalp etc can be a cause. To prevent this causes, it is important to keep a regular check. You can do the following to improve your hair.

- Oil your scalp for at least 30 minutes before you are planning to wash your hair.
- Use mild shampoo to wash the oil off. Use a bit of shampoo dissolved in water, and then wash the hair with that.
- Brush your hair only after it is completely dry.
- Avoid using a dryer.
- Avoid using any other chemicals on hair.
- Take a healthy diet which includes fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Take Vit. B6 supplements from pharmacy, which can be used one in the morning and one at night, after food. Continue this for at least 2 months.

Please make sure you consult a dermatologist to check if you have any other issues related to hair fall. Accordingly you can get the tests done and then follow the suggestions.

Hope this answers your query. let me know if I can help you further.