Loose motions and vomiting during pregnancy. Suggested tiniba. What dose can be taken safely?

Hello Sir , My wife is 2 month pregnant and today she is suffering from loose motion and vomitting after that i have called to my doctor and she has told me tiniba but i couldnt listen properly after that i have called her again but here mobile was not reachable so can u plz suggest me have i listened correct tiniba and plz suggest me how much mg it will be

is tiniba will be safe for pregnant women
Posted Mon, 2 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 32 minutes later
Loose motions and vomitting in pregnancy are not always related to a gut infection. Antibiotics like Tiniba are started only when the symptoms do not subside after proper supportive treatment for three days.
She needs adequate fluids to avoid dehydration. For vomiting, she can have medicines like Doxinate or Vomilast which will help her symptoms to some extent.
Taking a light and easy to digest food with plenty of fluids will be helpful.
In case of persistent watery diarrhea, medicines like lomotil will be helpful. You can get the specific treatment prescribed from her gynecologist after a physical examination.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Loose motions and vomiting during pregnancy. Suggested tiniba. What dose can be taken safely? 14 minutes later
Hello Madam , How r you and i want to know so she is taking bananas and after that she is feeling well so plz tell me is banana good for pregnancy and if not so plz tell me what type of food is good if its not stopped in 3 days so can she take tiniba 500 plz suggest me best as u can

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Yes, banana and curd rice will help her improve. The stools and her symptoms will reduce gradually. Do give her probiotics like Sporolac sachets in water twice a day. Also give her B complex capsules like Becosule twice a day. In addition let her drink sufficient fluids and consider yoghurt, buttermilk, fruit juices, tender coconut water in her diet.

If her symptoms do not improve and other symptoms such as abdominal pain, diarrhea, worsening of weight, darkening of stools, fever, etc. occur she may need to review with her gynecologist for a course of antibiotics. Tiniba is best avoided in first three months. Cefixime is a better choice in infective diarrhea.

Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.