Looks like milk squirting out of breast. What could it be?

i have what looks like milk squirting out of my breast likke the milk i had whenr i breast fed my son i breast fed till he was 4 and still had milk squirting out even 4 years after i stoped now i have the same thing 12 years after
Posted Fri, 8 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Increased prolactin leven could be the cause

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Milk secretion at this age is not normal, even a drop from the breast needs to be evaluated. If this secretion is not associated with any pain or swelling in the breast could be due to HYPERPROLACTINAEMIA (increased secretion of Prolactin hormone). It needs simple tests to diagnose it. Initial investigation will be Microscopic examination of breast secretion to confirm it as milk, then a serum prolactin hormone level.
Further investigation if required depends on confirmation of hyperprolactinaemia.
Your treatment depends on these investigations. Kindly get evalutaed by an OBGY specialist.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile