Looking treatment for cortical cyst of kidney

I'm 53 years old I have cortical cyst of left kidney measured 4.5 cm. Could you pls tell what is this & is there any tretement for this
Posted Tue, 12 Feb 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later

You have one cortical cyst in left kidney. Usually such simple cysts are detected in sonography and are filled with fluid.

These are commonly benign (Non cancerous). It needs only monitoring and no intervention is required. In case of larger cysts with septa and solid component, they need to be investigated and rule out malignancy.

Your kidney cyst is 4.5 cm which is slightly big we need to know the nature of the cyst. If you can upload the report of sonography, I can guide you better on that.

Hope this information helps.
Awaiting your input to clarify better.

Best regards.
Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.
Follow-up: Looking treatment for cortical cyst of kidney 38 minutes later
Pls note that a part from one cortical cyst of left kidney revealed on the ultrasound ,all other are normal , I did this test last November , few days back I did kidney function & urine test and all normal , I have no pain or any problems with urine , will try to forward you both report ASAP.
My ultrasound report as follows

-The liver show normal size with homogeneous focal lesion or no intrahepatic biliar radicles dilatation are seen.
-The gall bladder show average size and normal wall thickness with no stones or mud inside.
-CBD,portal vein , and splenic vein dimensions are normal.
- Both kidneys show normal site, size,echo pattern , parenchymal thickness , and echogeneicity with no stones or back pressure change. Cortical cyst of left kidney measured 4.5 cm.
-Right kidney = 12.2 x 4.4 cm, with 17 mm parenchymal thickness.
-Left kidney =12.5 x 5.0 cm , with 18 mm parenchymal thickness.
-The pancreas is marked by gases.
-Gaseous colonic.
-Spleen is normal size and with homogeneous echopattern Thanks
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 44 minutes later
Thanks for follow up,
I have seen your report of Sonography; it is showing only one cortical cyst of 4.5 cm,
All other findings are normal.
Your renal function and urine analysis are normal as you said.
This type of cyst is benign (Non cancerous) and just need follow up and no intervention is required.
Please do not worry at all.
Although follow up may be after 6 month may be done.
Hope I have answered you query, if nothing is there please accept my answer.
If you have any further query, I will be happy to help you.
Best Regards.
Dr. Akhilesh Dubey.
Follow-up: Looking treatment for cortical cyst of kidney 39 minutes later
Thanks Dr . Just one question dose the report indicate no concern & this is non cancerous.
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 11 hours later

As I told you in my answer most simple cyst are benign (non Cancerous). But a follow up is needed to make sure we do not miss out changes in size or nature of cyst - although it is rare.

Hope this relaxes you and if you do not have any other query please accept the answer and close this discussion.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey