Looking good shampoo for dandruff and hair loss

Hi, know a day's i facing the problem with my Hair . I have dandruff in my hair also hair loss very much.Plz Advice some good shampoo for the dandruff
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 2 hours later
Thanks for sharing your concern with us.
It seems you are having seborrheic dermatitis or severe dandruff problem. This could have led to hair fall.
To treat the same you might follow these
Use an antifungal shampoo every alternate day ( danclear or nizoral etc). Apply it over scalp for five minutes then rinse.
Apply a steroid lotion like zydip lotion over scalp in night

Hopefully in two to three weeks your dandruff will clear off. Once it clears off, stop the lotion but continue with the shampoo once in a week. To help with hair growth, you may apply minoxidil solution 2 percent twice daily.
Hope that answers your query. Should there be any other query, feel free to write back.

Dr Kalpana Pathak
Follow-up: Looking good shampoo for dandruff and hair loss 22 hours later
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 4 hours later
Hope you would follow the suggestions!

PS should there be no more query, we may close the discussion.