Looking for the best stapedectomy or stapedotomy surgeon

ENT Specialist
Looking for the best stapedectomy or stapedotomy surgeon in Tucson, Arizona. I will be looking for a consult shortly and surgery following that since the otosclerosis has progressed to the point where I would like it taken care of permanently. Would like to know of the best or some of the best surgeons in Tucson Arizona who perform this regularly and successfully.
Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

1. Otosclerosis usually progresses into the cochlea, causing a sensorineural hearing loss that cannot be corrected by stapedectomy.

2. If you can share your Pure Tone Audiogram (PTA), I can give you an accurate assessment.

3. You may contact the Department of Surgery, University of Arizona or the House Ear Clinic in Los Angeles.

4. Stapedectomy does not slow the progress of the Otosclerosis and hence the benefits may last a decade or so.

5. You may also consider a Bone Anchored Hearing Aid (Baha).

I hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries, I will be available to answer them.