Looking for effective medicine to control acne and oily skin without any side effect

I'm in my forties and am looking for the best (safest/non side effect) medication to control acne & oily skin!
I know this is a hormonal issue for me, but I am struggling with the topical treatments that never seem to work.
Does something exist? I've heard of Spiractin, but am concerned about the side effects.
Posted Fri, 24 May 2013 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 52 minutes later
Acne usually lasts until age 20 or even 25. What you may be having is adult acne.
Apart from topical antibiotics which you are already taking, keep your face clean by washing with a mild soap or antiseptic soap atleast twice a day. XXXXXXX it dry and do not rub it.You should avoid picking or pressing the acne. You can also use Benzoyl peroxide 5% lotion or gel once at bedtime after consulting your doctor. An amount of lotion the size of a pea should be enough to cover most of the face. If there is redness or peeling then you are using too much of the medicine or applying it too often.

You can prevent and treat acne by changing your lifestyle like eating proper diet, getting a good amount of sleep and drink at least eight glasses of water daily. Other treatment options include retinoids, cortisone injections, chemical peels and laser treatment.
Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.