Looking for a child development specialist. Suggestion?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2013
Feb 2013
Excellent

Pediatrician
Question
Hi, I am looking for a child development specialist in Gurgaon.
Posted Wed, 24 Jul 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 49 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

It seems he is normal in other milestones except for social and language milestones.

It seems there is a mild delay in his language and social skills.

How many family members are staying in your home?

Is the child have interaction with other kids and family members regularly?

Acquisition of language and social skills also depend on the child exposure to environment.

If there are many family members in home like with joint family, children will acquire these skills fast.

Whereas coming to nuclear families like with working parents, children will acquire social and language skills lately because of less exposure and experience.

What I advise you is consult the regular pediatrician for the assessment of his language and social skills.

One pediatrician is there on Healthcare Magic from Gurgaon. Her name is Dr.Himanshi XXXXXXX You can consult her along with the child for physical examination and assessment of his milestones.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Regards.

Follow-up: Looking for a child development specialist. Suggestion? 9 minutes later
Thankyou Doctor. Can you help me with Dr. Himanshi Kashyap's phone number please?. Also, my son not pointing to things when asked for or when called to recognise dada or mama and not doing so-is this ok or a concern at this age when he is 21 months old. Regards,

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for getting back.

I can provide the address of Dr. Himanshi XXXXXXX clinic as it is provided in this health portal.

The address is :

Rockland Hospital, Plot No:2, Sector:5, IMT Maneswar.

Hope you will get the clinic easily with this information.

Not pointing objects and not recognizing dada or mama are concerning symptoms and require further evaluation.

Pointing to the things usually develop by the age of 18 months, but there may be variation.

Is the child having eye contact?

If the eye contact is not there, if he is having difficulty in language, social, and reciprocal communication, better to consult the pediatrician for further evaluation and follow up to observe the progress of milestones at this age group.

Hence I advise you to consult the pediatrician for complete assessment.

Regards.

Follow-up: Looking for a child development specialist. Suggestion? 43 minutes later
Thankyou ...Doctor. This is most helpful. He is having eye contact but not always- it's very evident when there are activities that interests him a lot- for eg: if I have mango,litchi( fruit he likes), ipad in my hand( which he loves to play with), biscuits( which he loves to have). In other ocassions, it's difficult drawing his attention from the activities he may be engrossed into.

We are a nuclear family of husband, wife and 2 kids- my daughter 10 years is absolutely fine and tries her best to interact with him- he too responds to her but looks like that he is driven by moods.

Hope this is normal and not a BIG concern. We will surely XXXXXXX Miss XXXXXXX thx

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 18 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for getting back.

Some times, due to less interaction and exposure, which usually happens with nuclear families, children may acquire language and social milestones lately.

And it some medical conditions also, there are difficulty with gaining these milestones.

Try to engage him in more play, with the other children, and try to interact with him by speech and gestures, and pointing various objects.

And consult the pediatrician for assessment of his milestones in all aspects and to look for any abnormality in his language, social, and communication aspects of his milestones.

Hope I have answered your query and if you don't have any clarification you can close this session and I request you to kindly rate and review my answer.

Thank you very much for contacting on Healthcare Magic.

Best regards.