Long stool, thin and brown. Why did a string of stool come back with the tissue?

My poop was long, thin, shiny and brown with bumps of poop and stuck to my butt until I wiped. When I lifted the toilet paper to see what was going on the string of poop just came right back out of the toilet instead of breaking off. What the heck is going on?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 48 minutes later

In all probability, it is the stringy mucus which is responsible for the complaints that you have been having.
Since you have a history of IBS), passing stools with stringy mucus is a common feature in IBS. In all probability, this is the cause of your complaints. It can also occur due to a parasitic condition and inflammatory bowel disease.

As I believe that more information can help a physician help you better, I would request you to answer the following questions:
1. Have you been suffering from any stomach pain, nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea?

2. What have you eaten in the last two days? Has there been a change of diet? How much water and fibre do you usually consume in a day?

3. Is the stool foul smelling?

Awaiting your reply

I wish you good health