Lives in Middle East, Emergency contraception is banned. Can logynon be used?

Hello, i live in the Middle East, as there Emergency contraception is banned here, i read that logynon can be used as an Emergency contraception. Can you please tell me which pills i should take (which color) and when and how often between the doses.
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 4 hours later
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Logynon is a Triphasic combined oral contraceptive pills. It is not an emergency contraceptive pill, and chances of failure is high. If I am not wrong this is what Logynon contains
6 red tablets = 0.5mg levonorgestrel + 0.3mg ethinylestradiol
5 white tablets = 0.0075mg levonorgestrel + 0.04mg ethinylestradiol
10 yellow tablets = 0.125 mg levonorgestrel + 0.03 ethinylestradiol
Low dose OCP as emeregency contraception:
4 yellow tablets within 72hrs of unprotected intercourse and 4 tablets after 10-12hrs. If you miss your next period kindly consult your doctor to rule out pregnancy. The efficacy of this method is 95%.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile