Liver profile test showed elevated direct bilirubin level. What does this indicate?

What does this indicate.. i have done a Liver profile test ..these last three factors are high

Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 37 minutes later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
Bilirubin has two parts direct and indirect. Your total bilirubin is normal . However direct bilirubin is elevated which is suggestive of some obstacles for excretion of it from liver. That's why associated liver enzymes like SGOT AND SGPT are also elevated due damage to cells.
I want to know what are your symptoms like fatigue , jaundice or anything else. You need to consult board certified surgeon for clinical examination. Ultrasonography of liver is necessary to rule out other causes.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.

Follow-up: Liver profile test showed elevated direct bilirubin level. What does this indicate? 22 minutes later
I was felling non- consistent itching in hands and lags(from one month) so i went for liver profile.
can you suggest some other tests to make sure everything is right.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 26 minutes later
Hi, welcome back.
Itching at palm is sign of jaundice. There are other tests like hepatitis A AND B antigen-antibodies tests, but I will suggest please consult your physician or surgeon because you needs good medical care.
Don't waste time and money for randomised investigations. Everything will be fine after proper examination.