Liver is inflamed slightly and having pain towards right abdomen. Done with liver function test and urine test. Further treatment?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

I have been told by a doctor recently that my liver is inflammed slightly. I feel a slight pain towards my right abdomen most of the days, and sometimes it is a bit severe (that comes as pulses). I have already done LFT and tested urine as well. Below are my test results. I am mentioning the normal range in bracket:

Urinal analysis:
crystals: not detected
Uric acid: 6.6 (2.6 - 7.2)

Total Bilirubin: 2.57 (0 - 1.00)
Bilirubin, direct: 0.30 (0 - 0.30)
total protein: 7.1 (6.4 - 8.2)
SGOT: 17 (15 - 37)
SGPT: 46 (30 - 65)

All other factors are seen to be in the normal range, Only total Bilirubin seems to be higher than normal range.

I also have some disturbance due to kidney stone problem. I drink a lot of water as suggested by doctor. But there are no crystals detected in the urinal analysis. I often get kidney stone pain as well. I also heard that pressure on liver increases due to kidney stone.
I have brown spots / rashes on my back. I saw in some of the blogs that this can be a symptom of liver issue.
I do not what I should be doing next? Is any scan need to be taken? Please advise
Posted Wed, 11 Sep 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Nitin Rao 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
inflamed liver

Detailed Answer:

I would like to know on what basis was this inflammed liver diagnosis made?

Because as per your LFT, I see only your total bilirubin is raised and the rest are normal. This could be because of several reasons.
Get an ultrasound abdomen done and also do a complete blood count to start with and make sure all that is normal.

I urge you to see a general physician/gastroenterologist at your place to analyses all results and help you with coming at some answers. If you are unable to find any doctors, you can post the complete reports here, I can give you my opinion.