Liver function test results are out of limits for most values. How to cure it?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
Liver function test results are out of limits for most of the values. Need advice.
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 25 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing in

Please attach the reports

Also why did you have the need to go for these reports
Are there any symptoms related to the same

Write back with reports and I will help you out

Follow-up: Liver function test results are out of limits for most values. How to cure it? 21 minutes later
Hi Doctor,

I've gone for complete body health check and LFT was part of that package.

Also I consume liquor once in 15 days or so and limit my intake to 2 beers maximum or 3 pegs of whiskey. Not sure whether this will have such an impact on Liver.

I also workout in gym, so I eat daily around 6-8 eggs and around 250 gms of chicken. Also I am taking pre workout supplement called Creatine Monohydrate.

My digestive system also is not good is what I feel. Since an year or so I am passing stool daily for around 5-6 times. I thought that since I'm consuming more food this is happening. Now I have a doubt that this is abnormal behavior. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 11 hours later
Hi

I have reviewed your case and am of the opinion that you should avoid alcohol as it is insulting your liver parenchyma

Regarding your digestion it appears you are suffering from some form of GI infection and/or Collitis

It would be better if you add a probiotic to your daily routine for around two weeks and if that does not normalizes your bowel habits then you should go for a stool examination and take antibiotic according to that report

Hope this solves your problems
DO write back if you need any clarification
wishing you a healthy life ahead

Follow-up: Liver function test results are out of limits for most values. How to cure it? 11 hours later
Hi Doctor,

Thank you for your guidance.

You have asked me to add probiotic to my daily routine. Yogurt is one such example right. Please can you suggest me any other probiotic?

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later
Hi

Thanks for your followup

All yougrt brands do not have a probiotic

As per forum rules we are not allowed to prescribe medicines without physically examining the patients

Yet you may go for a good OTC brand from your chemist

Hope this helps