Liver function test, elevated SGOT, SGPT, Bilirubin levels. Taking udiliv 300 medication. How can I lower my levels?

Gastroenterologist
Question
Hi
I am 35 yrs old male. Last week I had done a Liver function Test. Got and elevated level of SGOT,SGPT and BILIRUBIN. 2 Yrs back all thease were high. Had taken udiliv 300 for 6 months and it went back to normal.
Need your advise on this
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 2 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query.

Fluctuant levels of SGOT and SGPT may occur due to -
1) With any infections or drug intake if the elevations are seperated widely
2) Hepatitis C and rarely Hepatitis B infection
3) Non alcoholic steatohepatitis ie Fatty liver with inflammation
4) Wilsons disease ( secondary to excess copper) as you have predominantly indirect bilirubin elevation

The differentiation between these conditions require a physical evaluation and blood tests.

Hope I have answered your query. Write back to me if you have any doubts.

Dr XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Liver function test, elevated SGOT, SGPT, Bilirubin levels. Taking udiliv 300 medication. How can I lower my levels? 20 hours later
Dear Doctor,

Thanks for your response. Can you please suggest the blood test for each case you mentioned, so that I can do all these tests and consult a Gastroenrologist?

Thanks & Regards,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 3 hours later
Hi once again
You can go ahead and do an ultrasound abdomen, anti HCV and HbsAg tests. Tests for wilsons disease are costly and hence it is better that you plan it after visiting a GI specialist
Dr XXXXXXX