Liver function are deranged on repeated evaluation. Had ultrasound, blood test. Chances of cirrhosis?

I'm feeling tortured. After my annual, my dr said that my liver enzymes are up and He wants them rechecked in a few weeks. I did that. Then, he wanted them rechecked again in a month. I did that. Then, an ultrasound. Now I'm to go for another blood test. All this has been communicated by phone or mail. I'm trying not to panic, but from what I've read I'm on the path to cirrhosis. I've received no information about what I have to do about the disease.
Posted Tue, 30 Jul 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 22 minutes later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
Your liver functions are deranged on repeated evaluation means there is surely something wrong and you should be watchful rather than feeling pressure of feeling tortured.. This may be a liver insult, cause can be a hepatitis virus infection like hep.A,B,C or E or other hepatotropic virus infection, fatty liver due to erratic dietary habits or alcohol intake or may be due to some drug or any toxic foods.
You should get a repeat full liver function test including bilirubin levels, SGOT/SGPT/Alk.phosphatase , Albumin and Prothrombin time in a month's time to see the trend to decide about management.Meanwhile avoid alcohol if any, avoid fast foods, fried and fatty foods and non veg if any.
If you have yellowish discoloration at sclera of the eyes and skin and urine, which suggests jaundice then you should get evaluated by a local physician and would need urgent medical attention. Otherwise you can wait.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.
Follow-up: Liver function are deranged on repeated evaluation. Had ultrasound, blood test. Chances of cirrhosis? 6 minutes later
How do I deal with my itchy labia, hands, and feet? It keeps me up at night.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 29 minutes later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
You should get physical and local examination of the labia and vagina.
the cause should be investigated, traced and treated ideally.
to get symptomatic relief time being get prescribed tab. benadryl or levocetirizine and keep the labia dry.
use cotton undergarments, use medicated dusting powder like aBSORB or Mycoderm whichever available.
Wish you a great health!