Liver fibrosis scan results come 2.8 stage 3. What does it signifies?

Allergist and Immunologist
Liver fibrosis scan results come 2.8 and shows stage 3. What does it signifies. Is it to wory
Posted Thu, 3 Oct 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Correlate with SGOT SGPT levels

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

Now please have a look at the recommended elastometry cut-offs for liver:
Optimal transient elastometry cutoff values (F denotes fatty liver stage)
7.15 kPa for F ≥2,
11.9 kPa for F ≥3, and
13.85 kPa for F4
The higher the F the worse the fibrosis, F4 signifies cirrhosis of liver.

Hence, I would ask you to check with your hepatologist or the Ultrasound specialist the cut-offs for the particular scan (machine) and then correlate with liver enzyme levels.
Viral hepatitis should be excluded, as part of investigations into cause of fatty liver if enzyme levels are elevated.
Grade 1 or 2 fatty liver may denote high cholesterol levels or excessive weight (obesity), so these must be treated or controlled.
Usually there is no need for concern with Grade 1 or 2 if the viral markers are negative.

Best Wishes.
Follow-up: Liver fibrosis scan results come 2.8 stage 3. What does it signifies? 20 hours later
Sir i am very much worried. Plz tell me wether liver fibrosis scan result 2.8 is very danger. And wether it is reversible. Plz help me. My sgpt is 80 and sgot is50.
Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
SGPT SGOT mildly raised only, check BMI

Detailed Answer:
As I said, if the cut off for Grade 2 is 7.15, then you fall in Grade 1 fatty liver that is quite common nowadays. This is due to sensitive methods of ultrasound now available.
If your weight is more than what it should be (check BMI, Body Mass Index using standard calculators on the internet; wt(kg)/h(m)squared) and if high, lower your weight, and the fatty liver will improve.
SGOT SGPT high cutoff value is usually 40, so slightly elevated and keep a watch out for this by repeating this in 6-8 weeks.

Best Wishes.
Follow-up: Liver fibrosis scan results come 2.8 stage 3. What does it signifies? 4 minutes later
My height is 174 cm. Weight is 85 kg. Is grade 3 fibroscan of liver is XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
BMI 28.1 overweight

Detailed Answer:
As per calculations, your BMI is 28.1 which is grossly overweight.
You need to work on lowering your weight, cut down XXXXXXX foods, check cholesterol profile.
Grade 3 fibroscan is not good news, as the liver is getting replaced by fatty tissue.
Loss of liver function is XXXXXXX as it is like the powerhouse and a vital organ.
So take your Hepatologist's opinion seriously.

Best Wishes.