List of anit-oxidants that do not thin the blood

I need thenames of anit-oxidants that do not thin the blood
I don't have a blood disorder, but I bruise very easily, so I stopped taking OTC anti-oxidants, and feel much less healthy
Posted Fri, 7 Dec 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 2 hours later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your question with diligence.
Blood thinners are very few, clinically these are a) antiplatelet or platelet function inhibitors like aspirin, clopidogrel and Group II/IIIa inhibitors like abciximab, tirofiban etc. And those which act as anti-coagulation function drugs like Warfarin and Acitrom.
In your case bruising may be due to platelet dysfunction due to some substance which you might be taking.
As of other drugs and chemical substances depress the function of platlet and the list in standard A4 Size text book (for example Wintrobe's Text Book of hematology) run in two columns for four pages.
To Answer your question these are officially named anti oxidants which do not have function as blood thinner.

Antioxidant substances include
• Lutein
• Lycopene
• Selenium
• Vitamin A
• Vitamin C
•Vitamin E

If there is further query which you might have I will be most happy to answer. Good Luck.
RegardsWith Best Wishes:
Dr Anil Grover
MBBS, MD (Medicine) DM(Cardiology)
Cardiologist and Internist
http:/ WWW.WWWW.WW
Follow-up: List of anit-oxidants that do not thin the blood 7 hours later
Would any of the medications I'm taking contribute to the frequent bruising:
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 5 hours later
Thanks for writing back.

Escitalopram and

All are known to cause bruisabi.lity incidence may be one case in a million but data on records with the FDA shows the portential Side effect. You can do seach on these drugs on net. You will find the reference. I had written drugs causing platelet dysfunction is 4 pages double column.

With Best Wishes.

Dr Anil Grover