Lisinoprol capable of causing an underarm rash? Started with a boil

I've been on Lisinopril for 2 weeks now and I think I've developed a underarm rash from it. First I thought it was the deodorant but I've never had a problem I thought about the blood pressure pills. I had a boil fist then when it got well i notced small bumps under my arm...I can feel them like in circle and they're irratating. Could this be caused by the medication?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Gowri Kulkarni 1 hour later

Thank you for posting in the query.

Here is the side effect profile of Lisinopril:

Most common: Cough, diarrhea, dizziness, headache, tiredness.

Rare: Severe allergic reactions (rash, itching, difficulty breathing or swallowing), tightness in the chest, swelling of the head and neck region, chest pain, decreased urination, irregular heartbeat, shortness of breath, stomach pain, liver dysfunction.

From your query, I gather that you have developed a rash after the start of Lisinopril about 2 weeks back.

Yes, this could be a drug induced rash.

But there are many reasons for such a rash like bacterial and fungal infection, eczema or any allergy.

My suggestion to you would be to visit your doctor at the earliest to get the rash evaluated so that the cause could be ascertained and treated accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr Gowri